LaunchBox Community Forums

importing Naomi without duplicates or alternate versions

d8thstar

hi all,

Naomi is next on my list.  I can import the rom folder but then I am left with a ton of alternate versions that I need to manually go thru and either hide or remove from the platform.

Is there an easier way of doing this?  the way LB handles mame clones is is brilliant (having clones listed on the parent rom as a drop down to select it) but that is accomplished with the mame.xml, something Naomi doesn't have.

any thoughts ion a clean import?  if not, i'll just need to go thru the list and manually edit.

thanks! 

2 hours ago, d8thstar said:

I can import the rom folder but then I am left with a ton of alternate versions that I need to manually go thru and either hide or remove from the platform.

It has been a LONG time since I imported my Sega Naomi games. (Or any games using the rom importer for that matter.) But I remember doing something like this. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

1881388078_Schermopname(23).thumb.jpg.873d0ce1e225735b3db941c746da52e7.jpg

Tick "Combine Roms with matching titles into a single game" and "Force Using Mame Metadata".

1875728214_Schermopname(24).thumb.jpg.5586d60b60f1150f4009991dc41096d1.jpg

On the next screen untick "Skip Games unplayable in Mame".

If you are going to try to reimport, delete all your games from your Sega Naomi platform and after that only import the .zip's.