LaunchBox Community Forums

Has anyone had any luck getting multidisk Apple II games running on AppleWin

MJF

AppleWin needs the -d1 and -d2 flag per path for each disk.  So if you attach one zip it assumes that is d1 (one path).  If the disks are combined won't work in way you want.  You have to unzip multi-disk zips.  

Edited by sundogak
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

So I tried an approach that's pretty similar to what Sundogak described, and set up all my multidisk Apple II games with zip files arranged like this : 

ROOT\

• bootdisk.dsk
  • [disks]
    • disk1.dsk
    • disk2.dsk

Launchbox would extract the zip to temp directory, and AppleWin would launch with the file that is located in root.  Then when I go to the switch disk icon in Applewin, it loads already pointing to the temp folder where the boot disk extracted.  From there, I can navigate to the "Disks" and run the rest.

Weirdly, though, this has stopped working for me.  I don't play Apple II games enough to pinpiont when it started, but now it's only extracting the file in the root directory, and everything inside of the [disks] folder is missing.  Has there been a change in a recent update that might cause this, or a setting I might have altered?

Edited by sshrugg