LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project not working.

Hi I have the latest version of Launchbox and Retroarch. I have installed Bezel.Project and it will work if I only run Retroarch without Launchbox. When I use launchbox and play a game, the bezels do not show up.

can anyone help?

Thank you,

chepe

8 minutes ago, Dr.Chepe said:

Hi I have the latest version of Launchbox and Retroarch. I have installed Bezel.Project and it will work if I only run Retroarch without Launchbox. When I use launchbox and play a game, the bezels do not show up.

can anyone help?

Thank you,

chepe

That's kind of an odd situation, but I've had a similar thing happen to me as well  I'd check to see if the cores you're using through Launchbox are the same ones you set up with the Bezel Project. For example, you may have "mesen" set up with the Bezel Project for NES games, but perhaps LaunchBox is launching the FCEumm or Nestopia core. I'd start by checking that first

Edited by bundangdon

2 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

That's kind of an odd situation, but I've had a similar thing happen to me as well  I'd check to see if the cores you're using through Launchbox are the same ones you set up with the Bezel Project. For example, you may have "mesen" set up with the Bezel Project for NES games, but perhaps LaunchBox is launching the FCEumm or Nestopia core. I'd start by checking that first

Thank you for your response. Yes I have done that already. I'm running exactly the same core. I have even tried different cores. it is very strange, it seems launchbox might be doing something different when loading retroarch. It does tell me which version of core it uses when it loads it.

it doesnt only do it to NES games, it does it with anything that is retroarch. It loads the MAME games with a Bezel, so MAME does work with bezels in launchbox.

and they all work if I use Retroarch stand alone, without launchbox.

Edited by Dr.Chepe

Yep! Just did a test with Sega Game Gear and it's working properly. I tested it both with Retroarch (on its own), and once again with the same emulation setup in LaunchBox and there were no problems. The bezels and the cfg files provided by the Bezel Project program were displayed there with the few games I tested. You may want to check your Retroarch configuration ("manage emulators" in options) and make sure the cores are set up properly, and if you have more than one instance of retroarch set up, that might be a cause. Otherwise, you may want to consider setting up Retroarch again in LaunchBox and basically 'start from fresh' and see if you can get better results.

2 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Yep! Just did a test with Sega Game Gear and it's working properly. I tested it both with Retroarch (on its own), and once again with the same emulation setup in LaunchBox and there were no problems. The bezels and the cfg files provided by the Bezel Project program were displayed there with the few games I tested. You may want to check your Retroarch configuration ("manage emulators" in options) and make sure the cores are set up properly, and if you have more than one instance of retroarch set up, that might be a cause. Otherwise, you may want to consider setting up Retroarch again in LaunchBox and basically 'start from fresh' and see if you can get better results.

Thank you! I will try that :)

I got it to work! Thank you. I reinstalled retroarch again in 32bit and that was just not working either. I then created a folder inside Launchbox called emulators, created another folder called retroarch and put retroarch there. I also download non intro roms...just in case that could have been it. It works! Thanks again!