LaunchBox Community Forums

How to deal with multiple bluetooth controllers?

candre23

I have two 8bitdo controllers - an SN30 pro and an Sn30 pro+.  My goal is to use the pro+ as the player 1 controller, and the pro as player 2.  But some emulators (mame especially) has a hell of a time keeping track of which controller is which.  Which one is "controller 1" and which is "controller 2" seems somewhat arbitrary.  I've tried pairing one as an xinput controller and the other as a switch controller, but not all emulators can differentiate between the two.  Windows knows that they're two different controllers, but mame and retroarch get them mixed up depending on which one I turn on first, and sometimes even if one goes to sleep.

I'm really hoping there's some "intermediary" software that can recognize a specific BT controller and make sure it's always assigned to "one" or "two".  Does anything like that exist?  If not, is there another option for ensuring that the pro+ is always "controller 1" to all emulators, regardless of when it's turned on or goes to sleep?