LaunchBox Community Forums

Does launchbox support compilations?

jlister

I have a set of games that were released separately but also as part of a compilation. It was called play it again Sam for the bbc micro.  Is it possible to have a game belong to both and sort by both on the games view ?  Otherwise wondering if I could add a custom filter along with the genre and select by that perhaps when I want to look just at compilations 

32 minutes ago, jlister said:

I have a set of games that were released separately but also as part of a compilation. It was called play it again Sam for the bbc micro.  Is it possible to have a game belong to both and sort by both on the games view ?

The compilation would have a different name wouldn't it? so would be a different entry in our database, if in fact it is there at all, but a if its a different name then Launchbox will assume its a different game.

yes it would be a different name, basically a container, with games inside it, so for the play it again same series they had 4 separates tapes for each game.  I thought this would be an issue for other platforms as well, but guess more recent ones would just have all the games for the compilation on one device hence one rom or equivalent and related artwork.  I'm fine with the separate games, thanks anyway