LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to get ps1 to run on retroarch

Tookie1

So I've been trying to get ps1 to run(beetle core because I read that it was the best) but retroarch just goes to a blank screen when I try to load a ps1 game.I have all 3 bios and assume that they are the correct ones(just read about making sure the bios are right by doing a md5 but haven't gotten that far yet). I changed the output of retroarch to Vulkan because I read that it was the only way to run ps1 games(defaulted to gl) but doing this stopped retroarch from booting completely until I went into the config file and reverted back to "gl". I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a post or article that could help me figure out what could be some more things to check. Or if someone has ran into something similar and could push me into the right direction. Thank you for your time. Also forgot to mention I unzipped a few games into the cue bin state just to make sure that me having the games zipped and relying on launchbox to extract before running wasn't the issue. So the issue was my bios files were lowercase instead of uppercase it appears, one of the articles I read said that it needed to be lowercase but apparently it was wrong.

Edited by Tookie1