LaunchBox Community Forums

Bought lifetime, but license isn't working.

puker6

So I just upgraded to the lifetime license and it is telling me to replace the file when I click the registration thing but when I go into that "Launchbox" section it's different and has no license.

But when I manually go through my files/folders the "Launchbox" folder I see has way more things in it and my new pasted license in it. But when I start up the Launchbox it still says "Free Version" in the top right.

16270459795921861616132818192824.jpg

16270460041706858926833275117694.jpg

10 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Your directory doesn't look right at all. Is this still the really old version you had before, or is this a new install?

So I downloaded the new updated version and then transfered all games and files from the old drive to the new one, and all the games are there and work. But still says free version.

2 minutes ago, puker6 said:

I figured it out, so my games, emulators, cheats, alts to games, are all in that weird file system area. And the root is in Users.

But what I wonder is should I move all the stuff from the old area to the new one?

You can install LaunchBox where ever you want (though it sounds like you just left it at the default install path). Frankly I would just start from scratch if there isn't a ton of personally modified data in your old set up you're hoping to preserve. You are migrating soooo many versions that I could see you having a whole host of potential issues.

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You can install LaunchBox where ever you want (though it sounds like you just left it at the default install path). Frankly I would just start from scratch if there isn't a ton of personally modified data in your old set up you're hoping to preserve. You are migrating soooo many versions that I could see you having a whole host of potential issues.

Ok thank you