LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame again

defianceEgyptia

1 minute ago, defianceEgyptia said:

What would cause a Mame rom not to boot up when the others do it tries to open then just goes back to my Launchbox home screen.

Its a rom not compatible with mame, or you are missing the CHD? Maybe you should actually name the rom rather than making people guess, might get a answer a lot quicker if we have more details.

13 minutes ago, defianceEgyptia said:

Sorry, My bad. The rom is Altered Beast. I'm not sure what rom set it is from.

Well altered beast should work, but if you dont know what romset you have then how do you know you have the correct version of MAME? Im gonna assume thats the issue, wrong rom version for the version of MAME you are using, the romset version and the emulator version should always match. You cant just grab a random rom from the internet and the latest version of the emulator and expect it to work, thats not how MAME works i'm afraid, everything is versioned for a reason and roms are only guaranteed to work with that one matching version, they may work with other versions, but that is not guaranteed.