LaunchBox Community Forums

Mouse sticking/lagging in Launchbox

TheBozBoz

Could anyone help me with this?

When Launchbox is running, my onscreen pointer will "stick" in position and freeze approximately every 30 seconds for about 5 seconds. It's just the mouse and not the system hanging as I can still type or press the Windows key to bring up the side menu etc. This was happening a while back back after an update then it stopped after a subsequent update, but it's now happening again after 11.14/15.

Any thoughts?

If you could go to LaunchBox options menu and go to the "Game Controllers" option page (see picture below). If those options are on (the "Use All Attached..." especially) but no controllers are plugged in I've seen the scan process mess with the cursor on some machines. Basically we ask Windows to give us a list of controllers and it does what SHOULD be a quick scan for us and then we update. I've seen that process cause issues for some users though and typically turning it off when not needed solves the issue.
image.thumb.png.354afa82c861c9236ba4d1d5ee14fe10.png

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If you could go to LaunchBox options menu and go to the "Game Controllers" option page (see picture below). If those options are on (the "Use All Attached..." especially) but no controllers are plugged in I've seen the scan process mess with the cursor on some machines. Basically we ask Windows to give us a list of controllers and it does what SHOULD be a quick scan for us and then we update. I've seen that process cause issues for some users though and typically turning it off when not needed solves the issue.
image.thumb.png.354afa82c861c9236ba4d1d5ee14fe10.png

Brilliant. That seems to have done the trick. Many thanks  :)