LaunchBox Community Forums

Crash when updating LB

slightly76

Launchbox told me a new version was available, so as usual I okayed it and unfortunately it crashed. Now I'm getting the same crash error every time I try to run launchbox.

Picture here with crash report;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5jpm31ozf5iwop/lberror.jpg

My main concern is that it happens when launchbox says its Populating Platforms. I'm scared that if I do a reinstall my LB database might be ruined (its been way too long since I backed it up!).

Whats the best course of action?

1 hour ago, slightly76 said:

My main concern is that it happens when launchbox says its Populating Platforms. I'm scared that if I do a reinstall my LB database might be ruined (its been way too long since I backed it up!).

It's backed up automatically, unless you specifically turned that feature off, so you will have backups. However if its a issue with one of your data files Launchbox will tell you which one. Also i see by your image that you are running the 11.16 beta, you really shouldn't be running betas unless you are willing to accept issues and bugs that may break your Launchbox, betas are not for everybody to use on their daily setups, hence them being labelled as betas, they can, and sometimes will break your Launchbox. I suggest you revert to the non beta version as their are some big changes being tested in the 11.16 beta, and its clearly causing some issues, especially with people running betas and expecting them to be bug free, the whole point of betas is to find these issues and fix them for the official release.

4 minutes ago, slightly76 said:

Thanks for the reply!

So my best course of action is to reinstall from scratch and remove the beta access?

Just go into your Launchbox/Updates folder and run the setup file for 11.15, just install directly over the top of your current install, making sure not to install inside of it, so for example if your Launchbox location is D:\Launchbox you would tell the installer to install to D:\.