LaunchBox Community Forums

Some launchbox menus are too big for arcade machines with low resolution (Windows desktop 640x480i)

Soulchip

When I'm managing my collection I use launchbox instead of bigbox, the problem is that some menus, like the options for each platform are so big that they cannot enter on the screen resolution rendering them imposible to use. Is it a way to implement scrolling bars to these menus? Launchbox should try to at least fit them inside the resolution and give scroll bars to navigate them.

This is a very big problem for everyone with arcade machines using crt.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-13 at 8.33.49 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-13 at 8.33.49 AM.jpeg

Thank you, most common resolution for windows on CRT monitors is 640x480 interlaced. If you use a video card with TV output sometimes it let's you use 800x600 or 1024x768, but those resolutions are a lie because the TV output in all video cards from that era will force 640x480i and scale inside those resolutions others bigger...resulting in a very horrible and difficult to read desktop, so the majority of people with CRT TV or arcade CRT will stick to 640x480 on desktop / launchbox / big box.

Btw...that television is not tiny, it is a 33" crt XD it's a monster.