LaunchBox Community Forums

Lockup when downloading media

forgeflow

I've been trying to scan for metadata and media updates. The process goes through a very lengthy scan, appears to complete updating the metadata, but seems to lockup very early on in the downloading process. Has anyone else reported problems in this area? I'm trying various things to see if it is a problem local to me, or some issue with the program. Running 11.16-beta-5

1 hour ago, forgeflow said:

I've been trying to scan for metadata and media updates. The process goes through a very lengthy scan, appears to complete updating the metadata, but seems to lockup very early on in the downloading process. Has anyone else reported problems in this area? I'm trying various things to see if it is a problem local to me, or some issue with the program. Running 11.16-beta-5

You may just need to wait a bit longer and stop killing the process. In some rare cases, Windows will report the process as not responding even when it's just working hard.

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

You may just need to wait a bit longer and stop killing the process. In some rare cases, Windows will report the process as not responding even when it's just working hard.

I can't even minimize the program or do anything else. How long do you imagine I should be waiting when it is stuck at downloading item 7 of 16348 for more than an hour?

4 minutes ago, forgeflow said:

I can't even minimize the program or do anything else. How long do you imagine I should be waiting when it is stuck at downloading item 7 of 16348 for more than an hour?

Certainly not that long, but I didn't have that information from your initial post. What text is displayed when it's locking up? The more details you can give us, the better we'll be at figuring out what's going on.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Certainly not that long, but I didn't have that information from your initial post. What text is displayed when it's locking up? The more details you can give us, the better we'll be at figuring out what's going on.

Nothing really - just the progress indicator at the lower left stops updating. Can't hit cancel, nor minimize the program. I have left it to do its thing for a good long time and usually its just frozen in that state. Using Task Manager to kill the process generally gives me back control of the computer. When I restart LaunchBox it wants to continue downloading, but just runs into the same issue immediately. I should note that I think at the point it has done this, it is finished collecting all of the metadata from Launchbox.com -- the lockup happens when it begins fetching data from emumovies. And yes, I have checked that my subscription to emumovies is currently valid, and I am able to otherwise log into their website with my credentials.