LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with external emulators

sebvalmontx360

Hi

I installed the paid version o LB in two Android devices: a Nvidia shield tv and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

I use RetroArch for most older systems, mupen fz for n64, redream for Dreamcast and PPSSPP for PSP .

In Nvidia shield everything works flawlessly. 

In Note 10+, redream and mupen cannot load the roms from lb.

I double checked and I am currently using the newest version of the emulators on both systems.

Is there a way to fix this problem on the phone? Is it related to Android OS, emulators, or LB?

4 hours ago, sebvalmontx360 said:

Hi

I installed the paid version o LB in two Android devices: a Nvidia shield tv and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.

I use RetroArch for most older systems, mupen fz for n64, redream for Dreamcast and PPSSPP for PSP .

In Nvidia shield everything works flawlessly. 

In Note 10+, redream and mupen cannot load the roms from lb.

I double checked and I am currently using the newest version of the emulators on both systems.

Is there a way to fix this problem on the phone? Is it related to Android OS, emulators, or LB?

Unfortunately, this is likely related to Google's switching to their new storage security model, which is a complete failure and causes numerous issues like this. So at the root, it is an Android problem. However, the issue should be reported to the emulator devs, as they can fix the problem by switching back to the old storage security model, which works fine. Unfortunately the new storage security model basically makes it so that frontends can't work on Android at all.

If you're currently storing your ROMs on an SD card, you may find that it works to use internal storage, but that might not work either, as devices seem to be implemented differently. Sorry that I don't have better news on that.

The good news is that Retroarch is available on Android and most platforms do work very well with it (and it does not have this problem). So you can always use Retroarch.