LaunchBox Community Forums

Dolphin MMJR not found

Snap1209

Hi, Love the product so far, having just one issue.  Launchbox seems unable to recognize and launch Dolphin MMJR on my phone.  I get the following messagew when launching a game associated with MMJR.

"Could not launch Dolphin MMJR as the package org.mm.jr does not appear to be installed.

I'm using version 2.0-14738 of MMJR currently.

Thanks for any help

Hi guys, I just tested this with the version I have downloaded, and it's working just fine. I guess maybe there's just multiple versions of Dolphin MMJR available on the web?

The version that I have downloaded is this one: https://github.com/Bankaimaster999/Dolphin-MMJR/releases

It's the latest 11460 version. What version are you downloading and where are you getting it?

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm having issues with this to Mmjr 1.0 works just fine. But when I try to plug MMJR 2.0 in was a custom Emu it'll only launch the app when I select a game. 

I've got the package babe in which is org.dolphinemu.mmjr and the activity  I think is this  org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Gonzo6o said:

Hi I'm having issues with this to Mmjr 1.0 works just fine. But when I try to plug MMJR 2.0 in was a custom Emu it'll only launch the app when I select a game. 

I've got the package babe in which is org.dolphinemu.mmjr and the activity  I think is this  org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I wasn't able to get the MMJR 2.0 releases to work either, unfortunately, so I won't be much help. Is there a reason why you prefer the abandoned 2.0 series of releases?

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I wasn't able to get the MMJR 2.0 releases to work either, unfortunately, so I won't be much help. Is there a reason why you prefer the abandoned 2.0 series of releases?

No reason really I've just had good luck with it and I like the look of it. As far as MMJR 1.0 goes there are several games that only run well on it for me

• 4 months later...

I tried this and it worked for MMJR2:

1. Import your GameCube roms, etc. into LaunchBox
  2. Once the Nintendo Game Cube system appears in the list, select and hold, a menu will appear, choose Emulator Settings
  3. Default Emulator: Custom Emulator
  4. Custom Emulator Package Name: org.dolphinemu.mmjr (if you are using Retroid Pocket 2+ MMJR2 community edition then write org.dolphinemu.handheld instead)
  5. Custom Emulator Activity Name: org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity
  6. Customs Emulator ROM Path Key: AutoStartFile
  7. Select Verify Configuration to see if everything is fine
  8. Go back and start a GC game to see that the setup is actually working
  9. Have fun
Edited by alexirae

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 5:16 PM, alexirae said:

I tried this and it worked for MMJR2:

1. Import your GameCube roms, etc. into LaunchBox
  2. Once the Nintendo Game Cube system appears in the list, select and hold, a menu will appear, choose Emulator Settings
  3. Default Emulator: Custom Emulator
  4. Custom Emulator Package Name: org.dolphinemu.handheld
  5. Custom Emulator Activity Name: org.dolphinemu.dolphinemu.ui.main.MainActivity
  6. Customs Emulator ROM Path Key: AutoStartFile
  7. Select Verify Configuration to see if everything is fine
  8. Go back and start a GC game to see that the setup is actually working
  9. Have fun

FYI, these settings do NOT work in my testing. Not sure why they're posted here, but maybe they were posted incorrectly?

Regardless, Dolphin MMJR is indeed newer than Dolphin MMJR2, so it's recommended to use Dolphin MMJR. The built-in settings in the latest versions of LaunchBox for Android are working fine for me in my testing.

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

FYI, these settings do NOT work in my testing. Not sure why they're posted here, but maybe they were posted incorrectly?

Regardless, Dolphin MMJR is indeed newer than Dolphin MMJR2, so it's recommended to use Dolphin MMJR. The built-in settings in the latest versions of LaunchBox for Android are working fine for me in my testing.

Uhhm idk, I wrote this few months ago, it worked (and still working) for me in the Retroid Pocket 2+. For this handheld, the factory default and recommended GC Emu is MMJR2 for performance reasons (in MMJR2 you can set half res, quarter res, etc.), this has been talked many times in different forums, YouTubers and guides.

Hope it helps to understand the reason of why a wrote this few months ago, my intention was to help people that had the same issue but is also true that could be a very specific case (RP2+)

Thx.

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying @alexirae. That is all good information. I would like to add Dolphin MMJR2 to the emulators list (so that folks don't have to use the custom parameters), but for whatever reason, the parameters posted aren't working for me. It looks to me like the package name is wrong. Can you check your device and re-confirm that all of the settings are correct?

It's also possible that those settings worked for an earlier version of MMJR2, but not the latest.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for clarifying @alexirae. That is all good information. I would like to add Dolphin MMJR2 to the emulators list (so that folks don't have to use the custom parameters), but for whatever reason, the parameters posted aren't working for me. It looks to me like the package name is wrong. Can you check your device and re-confirm that all of the settings are correct?

It's also possible that those settings worked for an earlier version of MMJR2, but not the latest.

Ah, I know what happens, in the original RP2+ (vanilla without updates) they provided MMJR2 vanilla too. At some point they made a software update that included MMJR2 (community mod, or something like that) and some of the parameters changed. The parameters posted here are the ones for the MMJR2 community version, I can try to find the old parameters and post them here.

8 minutes ago, alexirae said:

happens, in the original RP2+ (vanilla without updates) they provided MMJR2 vanilla too. At some point they made a software update that included MMJR2 (community mod, or something like that) and some of the parameters changed. The parameters posted here are the ones for the MMJR2 co

Ah, I see. Okay, thanks. That makes sense.