LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Genesis problem

Bodine Grunch

I have what I hope is a very simple problem and apologize if the answer is staring me in the face and I've just missed it. I imported the Sega Genesis package from my LaunchBox without a problem. I changed the default emulator to custom emulator and installed the package name and activity name for GenPlusDroid. I tested with the verify configuration and it came back successful. I open the custom emulator and everything runs just fine for all of the game ROMs installed. But when I try to start any ROM from the platform view I get an error saying it cannot find the zip file. There are no zip files. All of the ROMs are gen files. How do I tell LaunchBox to stop looking a zip file and use the gen file?

The answer was sure enough "staring me in the face". I'm embarrassed to say that I caused the problem. I inadvertently extracted the gen files from zip files for several ROMs and they wound up in the games folder. LaunchBox knew it had exported zip files but it was finding gen files. It tried to tell me. It just took me a while to piece together what happened. Sorry for the bother and thanks again for all your hard work!

• Like 1