LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding Third Party EXE to Root Menu

sraffe2

I have a strictly arcade setup that also include virtual pinball. I originally had Launchbox handle the front end side of things, but found Pinup Popper's setup process very helpful with gathering all the needed media and back glass setup. I was hoping there was a way to launch Pinup Popper from the root menu (Pinball and Arcade would be the choices) but have not been able to figure it out myself and have not had luck finding ways to add direct exe files to the root menu (only platforms categories). Any thoughts? 

6 hours ago, sraffe2 said:

I have a strictly arcade setup that also include virtual pinball. I originally had Launchbox handle the front end side of things, but found Pinup Popper's setup process very helpful with gathering all the needed media and back glass setup. I was hoping there was a way to launch Pinup Popper from the root menu (Pinball and Arcade would be the choices) but have not been able to figure it out myself and have not had luck finding ways to add direct exe files to the root menu (only platforms categories). Any thoughts? 

Launching from the root is not currently possible. However this feature was on the recent 2021 community poll and placed in sixth place, so should be coming at some point in the furure.