LaunchBox Community Forums

Permission Denied Error

intoshadows

Hi,

I have downloaded Launchbox for Android on my phone and after i launch it, it says there is a newer version. so i proceed with the updating process, also gave it permission to install from unknown sources. But i then get this error:"

An error occured while attempting to install the update:

INSTALL_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR:

Permission Denied"

Screenshot_2021-09-18-12-20-04-075_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.thumb.jpg.e3aef3fc248ad5981c4b91db2dd40945.jpg

I hope there is an easy way to fix this.

all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay here @intoshadows. From what I can tell, this is some kind of weird device-specific issue. I wish I had better news, but I don't really know why that specific device would be refusing those permissions. Unfortunately some of those Chinese devices have some fairly screwed up/non-standard configurations.

I put this on the list, but I'm not sure if I'll have any luck fixing the issue without owning the device. In the mean time, if you purchased it and would like a refund, please just email us at support@unbrokensoftware.com and we can certainly get one for you.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but I had this same issue on my Poco F3 and found the solution on a Xiaomi subreddit.  If you have developer options enabled on your phone there is a setting in the bottom of the list called Turn on MIUI Optimizations.  You can temporarily disable that just for the update installation of Launchbox and it should work.  Worked for me.