LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Details screen hard to read - want black backgrounds

fettsvett201

Hello,

I searched the forum but didn't find a solution, so I thought I would ask here. 

In the game details screen, the white font against a background image can be hard to read (sometimes impossible to read). 

Is there a way to have a black background for the game details screen only? I like the video playing and all that, but I find it really hard to read the game details screen with such a busy background. 

Thanks,

Steve

15 hours ago, fettsvett201 said:

Hello,

I searched the forum but didn't find a solution, so I thought I would ask here. 

In the game details screen, the white font against a background image can be hard to read (sometimes impossible to read). 

Is there a way to have a black background for the game details screen only? I like the video playing and all that, but I find it really hard to read the game details screen with such a busy background. 

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Are you referring to LaunchBox or Big Box here?

Also, if you could provide a screenshot that could definitely help with providing you a good solution to this.

Hello,

I am referring to the Game Details screen in Big Box. I have taken a screenshot as requested. 

1573318958_GameDetailsExample.thumb.png.1cc744be9223ff462e04f2db6e1057d8.png

I love the overall look, but the text is hard to read. Changing the color of the font won't help as there will be some backgrounds that would clash with it regardless. 

I would like to make the text more readable. Having a black background would do that. But if you have another suggestion, I am all ears. 

Thank you

Edited by fettsvett201

There's a couple options I can think of.

• In Big Box Options, go to Views and find Background Fade. You can increase this to fade out the background enough for you to read the text.
  • If you just want the part behind the text to be darker, you would have to create a custom theme and add a background to the parts that display text. If you would like to go through route I could do this for you. I'm assuming you are currently using the Default Theme.

Background Fade seems to do nothing. I can set it for 0% or 100% and nothing seems to change. This is true in the General Options as well as the Theme-Specific Options (COINOPS Redux).

I didn't realize there was different Game Details screens other then default. I have switching both the View and the Theme while inside the Big Box Game Details screen but nothing happens. I assumed that there was only one theme for the Game Details. 

There are many themes out there, but each theme can only have 1 Game Details View.

The Default theme that comes with Big Box has the code necessary to utilize the Background Fade option. If you are using a custom theme, it may not work properly.

Looks like this:

1789922271_addamsfamily-backgroundfade80.thumb.jpg.edcc0edf833675b7333f3e14e1ff0792.jpg

If you like the effect, I can help you alter the code within the theme that you are using so you get the desired effect.