LaunchBox Community Forums

Escape from Demul

latin625

Hi,  I been mining along the forum, looking for a solution to when you launch a game via .bat to Demul.  Took me a while, but I sorted it out.   I just run it straight via bat file.  Game goes full screen, looks great and no losing of focus during game play on BB or LB.  Damn those gun games look and play great on Demul Naomi! 😃

Simply bat:

demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=cvs2

However, my problem is now closing the window when I escape.  I can't not seem to figure that out.  I tried copying some closing commands from the pre built emulators that sega Naomi and Dreamcast have... but alas....No joy.

I tried this right below the line above and looks like this:

demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=cvs2
; This section closes Demul when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Send !{F4}
}

Didn't work. =(

Can anyone help me figure out this last piece to my puzzle?  As always, Thanks guys! 

I am having all kind of "lost focus" issues when I run Demul through BB or LB.  I ran it from LB with the bat and it works great.  I can play the games and never lose Window focus.  Only issue is that I can not seem to get either the .bat or an AHK script to send the ALT+F4 command to close Demul and return to LB or BB.  I am willing to try either but really would love to have it all in one .bat file for each Naomi 2 / Cave / AtomisWave. 

I know LB handles all that and it works fine...until in the middle of a great game of Lupin the third, it jumps to your desktop of a "Game over screen" from LB because it thinks I pressed escape.

Can you help?  Do you know what I am doing incorrect on the sample script above?  Thanks!

Edited by latin625

1 hour ago, latin625 said:

I am having all kind of "lost focus" issues when I run Demul through BB or LB.

I myself would try to find out why LaunchBox or BigBox looses focus. I just saw a comment from somebody who solved it like this:

1 hour ago, latin625 said:

Only issue is that I can not seem to get either the .bat or an AHK script to send the ALT+F4 command to close Demul and return to LB or BB.

I am no bat file hero so I don't know how you can gracefully exit a program with bat files. But I know how you can start a game with a bat file and close it with AutoHotkey. If you start a game using a bat file, LaunchBox sees the bat file as the game. The bat file starts the game and then terminates and as far as LaunchBox is concerned, the game was terminated so exit scripts don't work anymore. But if you use bat files, you have them imported as games? Like windows games, you don't use an emulator for them? How have you set up the bat files to run from LaunchBox?

*Edit*

Because I myself don't experience loss of focus with Demul, how have you set up Demul in LaunchBox? Because if you could get Demul to run without problems from LaunchBox, that would be by far the easiest solution. If you want, could you provide screenshots like mine?

1470145506_Schermopname(110).thumb.jpg.439a6cb934f5258ef90873cf8812839e.jpg

1168026883_Schermopname(111).thumb.jpg.4fd61da8fffb04be365af8d2641e328d.jpg

1186330325_Schermopname(112).thumb.jpg.19b80c1551f0ddd14de4a887cc0e0211.jpg

1304466387_Schermopname(113).thumb.jpg.36c0efa5bd76bf3081f275029ac9dabc.jpg

Also I have configured Demul to Launch fullscreen.

Edited by Koroth