LaunchBox Community Forums

Double space in some games description with imported metadata

Tempest

Not sure if this is really an issue, but in some games with imported metadata, in the description (under notes), there is a double space normally after a period.

It's not a big deal and probably some of you have noticied this already.

The thing is that in the Games DB online, for the same game, if you copy paste the same description there is no double space.

I'm guessing this is some issue when importing the metadata from the online database.

5 hours ago, Tempest said:

Not sure if this is really an issue, but in some games with imported metadata, in the description (under notes), there is a double space normally after a period.

It's not a big deal and probably some of you have noticied this already.

The thing is that in the Games DB online, for the same game, if you copy paste the same description there is no double space.

I'm guessing this is some issue when importing the metadata from the online database.

Hi @Tempest. I just ran a test but am not seeing the double spacing issue. Do you have some examples of games where you are seeing this?

On 9/30/2021 at 9:18 PM, faeran said:

Hi @Tempest. I just ran a test but am not seeing the double spacing issue. Do you have some examples of games where you are seeing this?

Hi @faeran, thanks for your reply.

The first one I got was on the Sega 32X, After Burner Complete. Then, Blackthorne, also on the Sega 32X.

At first I thought it was an issue only related to the Sega 32X metadata, but I've found the same issue also on games for the Sega Genesis.

I wonder if someone has noticed this before, maybe in other systems as well.

Update:

I found more on the Sega 32X. Doom, for example.

In the Games DB online there is no double space, but the same description exists in the site TheGamesDB (and it has the double space).

Maybe the metadata (description) for some games are still from that site.

Edited by Tempest