LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove all but one of an image type for games media?

Abwezi

Hello! I have a pretty large amount of games catalogued in my Launchbox at this point and I am attempting to save space on the disk it is located on. I have ran the media cleanup tool and removed any duplicates but I still find that many games download automatically multiple different covers/screenshots/etc and for my purposes I really would only need one of each. I am searching to try to find an easy way to automate the process of removing all but the first image of any media category for all of my games but I don't seem to be having any luck so I would like to ask is this a feature contained in Launchbox? Thank you!

There is no currently built in way of doing this. You COULD potentially do it via File Explorer though. Navigate to each image folder that you want to purge, then move out any file that contains "*-01.*" (without quotes), then delete any file that remains, then move the 01 images BACK to the folder. Rinse and repeat for all folders. Would definitely want to be careful doing things that way though.