LaunchBox Community Forums

Show buttons, per game, in theme

tazboi

3 hours ago, tazboi said:

Is there a way to show which buttons are used for each game? One of the themes I'm using shows a joystick and a 6-button layout. It's always like that for every game. Is there a way for it to show only the buttons used for each, specific game?

There are a couple pause themes which shows control images per platform and some templates for modification.  You can customize those images and at least for the theme I have they they go in the ..\Launchbox\Images\Game Controls folder.  The issue is this isn't automatic. If you wanted one per game you would have to modify each image manually in a graphics program.  I had hacked together a pause theme version which shows the MAME controller panel like below but those were already done by others and you need one image per game named the same as the game title or ROM. For anything other than MAME, it would be a lot of work to do per game custom images (unless do selectively) versus just bringing up the Pause Menu and the manual.  

1941.thumb.png.46a300d2de5fb4ffbab7fda3eccc7c44.png