LaunchBox Community Forums

Local Multiplayer not working

chankee

Hi everyone, I've come here today because I can not find any information online about how to fix my issue. My launchbox hasn't given me too many issues, and when it does it's quite easily fixable. However, me and my friend ran into an issue I can't seem to find a solution to while trying to play Super Mario Strikers for the gamecube. It allowed me to play normally, but would not recognize my friend's controller input at all. I ensured that I have the proper controller configurations set up on both Launchbox as well as Dolphin, but I'm still having said issue. Is there a way to remedy this? Thank you!

6 minutes ago, chankee said:

Hi everyone, I've come here today because I can not find any information online about how to fix my issue. My launchbox hasn't given me too many issues, and when it does it's quite easily fixable. However, me and my friend ran into an issue I can't seem to find a solution to while trying to play Super Mario Strikers for the gamecube. It allowed me to play normally, but would not recognize my friend's controller input at all. I ensured that I have the proper controller configurations set up on both Launchbox as well as Dolphin, but I'm still having said issue. Is there a way to remedy this? Thank you!

Controls in emulators is entirely handled by the emulator itself, it has nothing at all to do with Launchbox, so concentrate on the emulator itself. I only have one controller setup myself, but it should be as simple as selecting a controller type for port 2 and hitting the "configure" button to set the buttons correctly.

image.thumb.png.1fcfd0a82e13aa0d6374c9f20b9e4f1a.png

Just now, neil9000 said:

Controls in emulators is entirely handled by the emulator itself, it has nothing at all to do with Launchbox, so concentrate on the emulator itself. I only have one controller setup myself, but it should be as simple as selecting a controller type for port 2 and hitting the "configure" button to set the buttons correctly.

image.thumb.png.1fcfd0a82e13aa0d6374c9f20b9e4f1a.png

This is what I originally tried to do, but it did not fix my issue. Thank you for the suggestion though, I'll toy around with it some more in Dolphin and see if I'm just being a dingus. 

4 minutes ago, chankee said:

This is what I originally tried to do, but it did not fix my issue. Thank you for the suggestion though, I'll toy around with it some more in Dolphin and see if I'm just being a dingus. 

In that configure window for port 2, does it actually list your second controller in the dropdown at the top left of the window, obviously if you have two controllers connected you should be seeing two discrete controllers there.