LaunchBox Community Forums

v12.1.2 - Launchbox not adding new emulators / not saving changes

Ritchardo

Hi guys,

I've been having some trouble adding new emulators to Launchbox since the latest update or even changing the settings of existing emulators.

When adding a new emulator, Launchbox doesn't seem to be recognising that there's data in the Associated Platforms tab so won't allow me to complete the set-up.

Furthermore, when making changes to the Retroarch settings (including setting as a default emulator for an associated platform or adding a new one, the settings don't save).

I've tried rebooting, I've tried renaming the platform, nothing seems to work or change within the GUI - you can still go in and edit the XML file manually to alter the settings for an emulator that's already in there (like Retroarch) but it does makes it difficult to add a new emulator.

EDIT:  Sorry, I've just realised this should probably be in the beta testing thread

SuperGrafx2.png

Edited by Ritchardo

• Ritchardo changed the title to v12.1.2 - Launchbox not adding new emulators / not saving changes

@Ritchardo

@faeran

Same thing was happening to me. I got past it by clicking the blank area under associated platforms (under Pc engine supergraphx in your screenshot) 

if it just highlights the line click the box again and it should turn into a drop down box. Pick your platform, or anything else just to get the emulator added. Then go to manage emulators in tools, and your emulator will be there. you can then edit it and change it to the correct platform. 

I was trying to add RocketLauncher as an emulator, but it would not populate the associated platform when I first added it. 

As long as you associate anything, you can then complete the adding of the emulator, and then change it later. 

Hi @maabus - I was literally just typing up the steps I was taking when your message came in.  I've tried this, and you're right - you need to click out of the grid for it to register.  Thanks for this, great help!

@faeran  - for reference, I had selected SuperGrafx in the drop down, ticked on default emulator and went straight to the 'Ok' button to add.   It might be worthwhile updating the pop-up message to instruct users to click out of the line and trying again because I was genuinely bamboozled by it!

Thank you both for helping out!