LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Media Player Question

KingSlayer937

I use retroarch's ffmpeg to play most of my game related video content (commercials, bonus videos, movies, making of, etc), I add them as a additional apps to corresponding games. Retroarch is great for this because you can use old tv bezels and crt shaders. I only have one small issue with RA end, i can't seem to get RA to close after the video playback has finished. Documentation doesnt speak of any exit-after-playback switches or anything. Hitting ESC after the video is finished isnt the biggest deal, does anybody know if im missing something? I tried the --eof-exit switch but im pretty sure that only works with the BSV playback/recording stuff. Not sure how i would go about coding up batch scripts either...because i have no way to tell if RA is playing a video or not.

Can you just remap escape to a button on your controller or remote? It’s not a big deal cuz home on controller already brings up RA menu and I just close from there…or I’d use the launchbox game pause screen to exit. No need to get up and use a keyboard 

31 minutes ago, bberan said:

Can you just remap escape to a button on your controller or remote? It’s not a big deal cuz home on controller already brings up RA menu and I just close from there…or I’d use the launchbox game pause screen to exit. No need to get up and use a keyboard 

Ah yeah, i have a exit hotkey already mapped i just thought that maybe i was missing something to get it to close on its own after video is done playing. I can exit with either esc, pause menu, or controller button combo. I actually map my home button to snap screenshots. But your right its really not a big deal, i'd rather hit esc or exit button combo than lose my nice bezel setup and shaders. Its odd tho thats why i posted, because it seems to "want" to exit after playing the video. It goes back to LB for like 1 sec then RA returns with that "no items" menu.