LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to set up different controls for different games on the same platform?

3dlollo

I am getting quite confused about how to get this done.

I have different dolphin games for the wii; some use the gamepad, some the wiimote, some the wiimote sideways. Every time I play a game I need to go in the settings of Dolphin and change up the controls. This may work on a computer but I have my computer in a cabinet, so I have to grab the keyboard and mouse every time I run a different game that require me to change the controls.

Is there a way to solve this? I understand that this is related to how the emulator handle controllers, but is there a way to pass controller settings parameters directly from Launchbox, so when you run a game the emulator get the parameters to correctly switch to the appropriate controller for that game?

Wow, works great! Thanks!

It is incredibly time consuming to do that in Dolphin, especially because I cannot select multiple games that share the same settings (for example gamecube gamepad or tilt controller); but it is better than nothing.

As I play games I save their settings in the config file and eventually all of them will be correctly set. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Game On 1