LaunchBox Community Forums

Cant load through PPSSPP or REDREAM...

Shaolinmonk

When trying to load a game using PPSSPP, it simply loads the emulator and the I get a message saying ppsspp could not load game. failed initializing, file not found. 

All of my psp games run fine when loading from the emulator...

When trying to load a DC game with redream... Redream opens instead of the game and takes me to the games list within the emulator...

I have the same issue. I think ppsspp got a update and changed the file path. ppsspp now uses some sort of simplified file path like yourphone/download/psp. and launchbox uses the full file path like /storage/emulated/0/download/psp. because the two file paths are not the same, ppsspp can't load the game file. 

• 1 month later...

I've spent some significant time on this stuff, and unfortunately, both PPSSPP and Redream will need updated/fixed in order for us to properly launch games on Android 11+. They don't appear to support the new proper URIs that are required in order for us to send the games over. I'll be doing my best to reach out to the development teams here soon to see if we can coordinate a fix. If anyone has a direct contact, please let me know.

That said, you might have some luck by installing older versions of the emulators and then upgrading to the latest versions. This is because of Android's poor design decisions; permissions are different if you upgrade from an older version than if you install the latest version fresh.

• 10 months later...

Good News for Redream users I worked out how to launch directly to a Dreamcast game rather than going to the Redream menu: If you accept all permissions via the apps section in the settings, then copy the directory of your Dreamcast games and then go to Android/data/io.recompiled.redream/files, you then use a text editor on redream.cfg and replace the current directory in "gamedir=" with your current directory and Redream should work no problem at all. Ever since I did this I had no problem with Redream, really hope this helps with development of the LaunchBox android app @Jason Carr

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KitKatarama said:

Good News for Redream users I worked out how to launch directly to a Dreamcast game rather than going to the Redream menu: If you accept all permissions via the apps section in the settings, then copy the directory of your Dreamcast games and then go to Android/data/io.recompiled.redream/files, you then use a text editor on redream.cfg and replace the current directory in "gamedir=" with your current directory and Redream should work no problem at all. Ever since I did this I had no problem with Redream, really hope this helps with development of the LaunchBox android app @Jason Carr

Thanks for this; I'll review to see if we can automate anything there. :)

• Like 1