LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Crashing

Metallo74

Hey all,

Big Box was working great for me until today. Now, it loads, I can scroll through systems, go into settings, etc but when I try to go into anything it crashes immediately.

I've done other things to the computer, most notably upgrading to Windows 11 but haven't changed anything on Launchbox itself.

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. I recently re-installed windows 10 and after that BB crashes randomly when I edit the controller mappings or browsing through games. I have have both LB & BB installed on a separate ssd and I haven't upgraded to Windows 11 yet. I'm using the Moga XP-5 Plus controller wired by USB and before reinstalling windows I had no issues.

Debug 2022-01-10 03-30-43 PM.log

Edited by RetroSpyder

15 minutes ago, RetroSpyder said:

I edited my post to include the latest log-file

While I appreciate that. Really the error message I asked about will get us FAR closer to identifying the issue than the log file will. Do you get an error when you see it crash, or does it just close?

14 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

While I appreciate that. Really the error message I asked about will get us FAR closer to identifying the issue than the log file will. Do you get an error when you see it crash, or does it just close?

No I get no error message, it just crashes. However I might have found the issue. I looked at the controller settings and it was set at xbox 360 (default) so I changed to it Moga controller and now it seems stable so hopefully that was it.