LaunchBox Community Forums

No media art (Android on Nvidia Shield)

klint01

I recently installed 0.42 apk on my Nvidia Shield and I've imported (from my mapped network NAS) a full set of games for three different platforms (Atari 2600, NES, and Sega Genesis).  None of them are displaying media art.  I've run Download All Missing Media and it takes about 5 seconds to run and no media is downloaded.  I've waited multiple days to see if it is downloading in the background and still no media art.

What am I doing wrong?

On 11/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, klint01 said:

I recently installed 0.42 apk on my Nvidia Shield and I've imported (from my mapped network NAS) a full set of games for three different platforms (Atari 2600, NES, and Sega Genesis).  None of them are displaying media art.  I've run Download All Missing Media and it takes about 5 seconds to run and no media is downloaded.  I've waited multiple days to see if it is downloading in the background and still no media art.

What am I doing wrong?

Hmm, maybe it's having trouble connecting to the games database website. Try turning on debug logging in the settings; then maybe you can post me the most recent log file from the LaunchBox\Logs folder? Make sure you run a media download process or two first.

@Jason Carr, thanks.  Please find log data below.  I ran missing media download for each platform separately and the results were the same.

The only difference was the # of games and platform name.  Otherwise, identical response for the games in the platform.  I did not get any Exception Errors.

2021-11-22 07:48:05 PM Saving 680 game(s) to Atari 2600 XML file...
2021-11-22 07:48:10 PM Download missing media process started for platform Atari 2600.
2021-11-22 07:48:10 PM AM Processing existing media for game Dukes of Hazzard -1...
2021-11-22 07:48:10 PM Processing existing media for game Dune -1...

2021-11-22 07:48:21 PM Downloading new media for game Solar Fox -1...
2021-11-22 07:48:21 PM Downloading new media for game Solar Plex -1...
2021-11-22 07:48:21 PM Saving 680 game(s) to Atari 2600 XML file...
2021-11-22 07:48:24 PM Download missing media process completed for platform Atari 2600.
2021-11-22 07:48:26 PM Restarting the app...

And BTW, just wanted to restate that none of the games have art for Android LaunchBox.  Had no issues with the PC version.  I am also using the forever license so I don't have the 100 game limitation.  And all of the games are on my NAS.

Edited by klint01

Actual file names for those above are as follows:

Dukes of Hazzard (1983) (Atari, Mark R. Hahn) (CX2678)-1.bin

Dune (07-10-1984) (Atari, Bruce Poehlman, Gary Stark) (Prototype)-1.bin

Solar Fox (1983) (CBS Electronics, Bob Curtiss) (4L 2487 5000)-1.bin

Solar Plexus (2005) (self-published)-1.bin

These are the same files names and location for the ROMs that Launchbox for PC is using with no issue.

7 minutes ago, klint01 said:

Actual file names for those above are as follows:

Dukes of Hazzard (1983) (Atari, Mark R. Hahn) (CX2678)-1.bin

Dune (07-10-1984) (Atari, Bruce Poehlman, Gary Stark) (Prototype)-1.bin

Solar Fox (1983) (CBS Electronics, Bob Curtiss) (4L 2487 5000)-1.bin

Solar Plexus (2005) (self-published)-1.bin

These are the same files names and location for the ROMs that Launchbox for PC is using with no issue.

Sure, for now you should be able to fix the issue by removing the "-1" at the end of all of the file names. It is true that the importer on Android is not quite as "smart" as the importer on Windows. It's very close, but not quite. Even still, you'll probably get better scanning even on Windows if you don't have extraneous junk at the end of file names.