LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo DS not downloading media

pooknife

I'm a noob, using Launchbox and Big Box on Windows 11.

Context: last week, I had no problems downloading media for NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube.

Problem: this week, I am trying to download media for DS.  I am doing everything I did last week, but to no avail.

I messaged EmuMovies, and they told me to run EmuMoviesSync and send them the have.txt and missing.txt (N.B. I have attached both files to this post).  As you can see, have.txt is completely blank, and missing.txt contains my entire DS library (all 122 games) .  I am awaiting a reply from EmuMovies.

I hope the problem is just me being a noob, and there is a simple solution.  The thing that is confusing me though, is that I had no problems downloading media last week for other Nintendo consoles, and I successfully downloaded media for the Atari today.  It is only Nintendo DS that I am having a problem with. 

have.txt missing.txt

6 minutes ago, pooknife said:

I'm a noob, using Launchbox and Big Box on Windows 11.

Context: last week, I had no problems downloading media for NES, SNES, N64, and Gamecube.

Problem: this week, I am trying to download media for DS.  I am doing everything I did last week, but to no avail.

I messaged EmuMovies, and they told me to run EmuMoviesSync and send them the have.txt and missing.txt (N.B. I have attached both files to this post).  As you can see, have.txt is completely blank, and missing.txt contains my entire DS library (all 122 games) .  I am awaiting a reply from EmuMovies.

I hope the problem is just me being a noob, and there is a simple solution.  The thing that is confusing me though, is that I had no problems downloading media last week for other Nintendo consoles, and I successfully downloaded media for the Atari today.  It is only Nintendo DS that I am having a problem with. 

have.txt 0 B · 0 downloads missing.txt 5.94 kB · 0 downloads

Your rom names are bad, remove the numbers at the beginning of them with this tool.

Download - Bulk Rename Utility

0005 - WarioWare - Touched! (U)(Trashman)

that is wrong, it should just be,

WarioWare - Touched! (U)(Trashman)

So Launchbox cannot ID the games with that extra non game name data there.

Wow!  Thankyou so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

If another noob, like me, is reading this in future, follow the moderator's advice and download the Bulk Rename Utility.  It looks a bit intimidating when you first open it up, but if you watch this youtube video, it is surprisingly straightforward: