LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox freezing at launch. Launchbox freezing on settings

xmas01245

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help me please? I've had Launchbox for a few years now but recently I've ran into a few issues. A few weeks ago, my Launchbox froze whilst I went into settings, I foolishly took Windows up on the offer to close the program rather than wait for it to respond which corrupted my Launchbox. I painstakingly restored from backups but I'm still getting long periods of freezing. If I go into settings from Launchbox, it will freeze for about 3 minutes before opening up the settings window. When launching or switching to BigBox, it freezes at the BigBox splash screen for at least 10 minutes with an egg timer before randomly opening (the noise makes me jump every time) 

Obviously there's something it's not happy about but I'm having a hard time figuring out what It could be. I'm thinking it's a particular game I've recently added that it doesn't like but can't be sure. I don't have Dropbox or anything like that to sync files and the permissions all seem OK to me in the Data folder.

My spec is:

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz

32 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Edited by xmas01245

Unfortunately most likely this is probably somehow related to data corruption, especially if it all started happening from a force close. You could try restoring your oldest backup from the LaunchBox\Backups folder to see if that helps (if you haven't tried that already). Otherwise, the first step would be enabling Debug Logging under Tools > Options > General > Debugging in LaunchBox. That might give us a clue as to what's going on. The logs will then be located under LaunchBox\Logs. If that doesn't help, it will probably need to be trial and error, trying to move data files out of the Data folder until we figure out the culprit.