LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquee images - default image

ksherfinski

I have an arcade cab with a separate marquee lcd.  I'd like to display my custom marquee until a game or is selected.  Maybe there's a default image that can be used on startup?

I've been replacing the platform image in ../images/platforms/[platform name]/banner with my custom image.  I'm guessing this is a hack and there's a cleaner way to do this, where the platform marquee defaults to an image i specify in some other folder.  Also, I don't want to screw up any themes by setting my "banner" platform images to my custom jobbie.

I'm sure my approach is caveman-ish, so looking for suggestions on how the pros accomplish this.

thanks  

If you are wanting to use the same default image across all platforms that shows until you go into the game list and start scrolling through games there is not a setting to do this. You can either do it the way you have (pasting the same image in the \[Platform Name]\Banner\ folders or you would have to create a custom coded PlatformMarqueeView.xaml that could point to that image in a single specified folder. You would have to copy that xaml into all the themes you use if you want each theme to do the same thing. You rarely have to worry about it messing up a theme as there are not many themes that actually create a custom marquee view.