LaunchBox Community Forums

Running Win uAE in Launchbox.

Not suitable for Mum.

Hi guys, not new to retro gaming but new to Launchbox.  

Running Win UAE by itself is fine and almost all the games I have work fine.  However it seems that when running through Launchbox that it it ignores running the KS roms and so i just get the insert workbench screen and nothing else happens.  I am wondering i I have to add the Ks roms to a sperate folder in LB itself, but no idea where that would be.

I have tried using FS UAE but that seemed very fiddly and temperamental at best . I knew I can use WinUAE on is; own but I like having a front end where all my games are catalogued.  

I'm afraid I don't understand a lot of the terms used here so need someone to break it down for me. Thankyou. 

I'm a very long time WinUAE user, but I switched to FS-UAE for LaunchBox. It works great once set up. WHDLoad works like charm, and for .adf files you just use configuration files to add to LaunchBox. I made 2 different entries in LaunchBox, one for Amiga WHD and one for Amiga ADF, so it's easier to keep apart.  

It's a bit work to get it running with all the games, but it's worth it. 

There's a great guide on the forums, you might wanna check that one out.