LaunchBox Community Forums

Search for Metadata more intuitively

Youin Anotherform

Is there a way to make the metadata search more intuitive? For instance, I just added my 32x games to Launchbox, but most metadata for them isn't being found because under "title" for most of the games, there's "32x" at the end. For instance, it says "Mortal Kombat II 32X" for the title, and because it has 32X at the end, Launchbox won't find the metadata unless I manually remove "32X" from the title and change it to "Mortal Kombat II". Thanks in advance for any help. 

The scraper works great with correctly named roms, No-Intro and ReDump sets have no issues because of naming.

The scraper only has the name to work off  when guessing what the game is so they need to be named correctly. Any extra information in the file name that is not the game name (ie: version or region info) should be in brackets, the scraper will ignore the information in the brackets.

24 minutes ago, Youin Anotherform said:

The search should be able to identify games even if there's an extra word or few.

Yes, this would be a wonderful solution to have the scraper correctly guess the name you want it to be without mistakenly guessing the incorrect name.