LaunchBox Community Forums

EmuMovies Not Fetching Video Snaps?

Spottyfriend

3 minutes ago, Spottyfriend said:

Here's my filename, but is what is searched for on EmuMovies affected by the filename? I assumed it searched only by the name of the game in the metadata? image.thumb.png.af94d8759eebc60670576be3b0404249.png

OK, your rom is very badly named, you have a number at the start of it, so Launchbox is looking for the game "1965 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Independent)" and there is no such game as that, so if finds no metadata, which is why renaming it worked. That looks like it might be from a "GoodRoms" set, unfortunately those sets are far from what the name implies. Any information that is not the actual game name should always be bracketed, the info at the end of the file name is, but that start with the numbers and hyphen are your issue.

A similar and possibly related problem (perhaps it may point toward a different method for finding a solution? I perhaps it complicates things further) is that downloading EmuMovies gameplay via Tools -> Download Media -> Update Metadata and Media for All Games doesn't really work, even when EmuMovies finds gameplay when editing games individually. For example, Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U has high quality gameplay, but selecting all games and using the Update Metadata and Media for All Games method and checking Video - Gameplay (High Quality), does not download any videos for Mario Kart 8, or indeed most games that have Gameplay (High Quality) when searched individually.

OK, your rom is very badly named, you have a number at the start of it, so Launchbox is looking for the game "1965 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Independent)" and there is no such game as that, so if finds no metadata, which is why renaming it worked. That looks like it might be from a "GoodRoms" set, unfortunately those sets are far from what the name implies. Any information that is not the actual game name should always be bracketed, the info at the end of the file name is, but that start with the numbers and hyphen are your issue.

I'm afraid changing the name of the ROM has no effect on the options presented to me when searching for media. Either with Fire Red which presents some amount of media (more with the metadata name suggested by C-Beats, and only the Cart - Front when using the name provided by searching for metadata on Launchbox's DB - see my screenshots in above) or with Heartgold, which gives me no EmuMovies media with any name I have tried so far.

Edited by Spottyfriend

45 minutes ago, Spottyfriend said:

A similar and possibly related problem (perhaps it may point toward a different method for finding a solution? I perhaps it complicates things further) is that downloading EmuMovies gameplay via Tools -> Download Media -> Update Metadata and Media for All Games doesn't really work, even when EmuMovies finds gameplay when editing games individually. For example, Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U has high quality gameplay, but selecting all games and using the Update Metadata and Media for All Games method and checking Video - Gameplay (High Quality), does not download any videos for Mario Kart 8, or indeed most games that have Gameplay (High Quality) when searched individually.

Best I make a new thread for this then? Or could it plausibly be the 'same' problem?