LaunchBox Community Forums

Naomi\Atomiswave in retroarch

GarbonZoni

PROBLEM SOLVED. Must have clicked unpack zips without realising......Noob move on my behalf lol

Hi folks

I recently did a fresh windows install and decided to do  a fresh Launchbox install.  Everything has gone ok except now neither Naomi or Atomiswave games will work through launchbox. If i load up the games through retroarch directly, they all work fine. Atomiswave from a zip and Naomi through a zip with corresponding chd folder like mame does. But neither will work through launchbox. ive checked that Launchbox is pointed at the correct files, which it is, the same files Retroarch uses. Before i did a fresh install both Naomi and Atomiswave both worked fine. i know its not the files because they still work through Retroarch. Im not doing anything any different to how i did it before, but cant get them working.

Any help would be really helpful cause i dont know what else to try.

Cheers

Ok , so i tried a few things and this is what i found. Originally Naomi and Atomiswave had to be manually put in to retroarch associations through managing emulators. whereas now, both naomi and Atomiswave are already in retroarch's file associations, Named Naomi and Atomiswave. trying to load games with it like this does nothing. But, when i add the roms instead of naming them Sega naomi or Sammy Atomiswave, If i rename them  Atomiswave or Naomi as they are named in retroarch's association list and then scrape them as Sammy atomiswave or sega naomi it tries to load them.

Now it gets stranger. Atomiswave games still dont work at all, but naomi games try to load up but instead  of trying to load them through the zip, they now try reading direct from the eeprom , which also doesn't work. Even though in launchbox they are pointed at the zips???????

Before retroarch had these systems in its association by default, they worked fine. its just now retroarch has them added on install . it seems to have changed.

Again, thanks for any help.

Edited by GarbonZoni

Hi @GarbonZoni. Couple things:

• Your platform names and the names in Associated Platforms do have to match, so it's good that you figured that out.
  • You'll need to uncheck the "Extract ROM archives before running" option, which is in the Details section of your RetroArch Edit Emulator window. All MAME type arcade systems cannot use this option.