LaunchBox Community Forums

Default kernels

Centurion

Hello, sorry for my English but I am using the google translator.

Can I choose a default kernel for a game? In arcade there are games that I open with one core and others with another core. I would like to leave it configured and not have to be choosing kernel every time I open a game.

Thank you.

You can do it but if you are having to use different cores for your arcade games I would highly recommend getting a much better set of arcade roms. The only reason you would need to use different cores for each game is because your set is a mixed and matched from various versions. If you have a complete set of the same version then you can pick the core that matches that set and it will work.

We also recommend using stand alone Mame over the Retroarch Mame cores.

48 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Puede hacerlo, pero si tiene que usar diferentes núcleos para sus juegos de arcade, le recomiendo que obtenga un conjunto mucho mejor de roms de arcade. La única razón por la que necesitarías usar diferentes núcleos para cada juego es porque tu conjunto es mixto y combinado con varias versiones. Si tiene un conjunto completo de la misma versión, puede elegir el núcleo que coincida con ese conjunto y funcionará.

También recomendamos usar Mame independiente sobre los núcleos Retroarch Mame.

I will try to find the same version, thanks