LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiibo display on LaunchBox without software launch

So, I just want to know. Is it cool to use LaunchBox as a "digital" way of showing off and reminding myself of my amiibo collection? I don't want it to be tied to any software. Unless if I can actually get amiibo emulation working properly for my emulators. The problem is I don't even think that can work well for launchbox, since it works as a front end for launching whatever game you want to play. Take Smash Bros for an example: If I want to use an amiibo with it, I have to have launched the game already and currently be on the tap amiibo screen. I think it would work best if it is not tied to the bin files for any amiibo at all. Just only for showing off your collection. 

You can add anything to LaunchBox (doesn't even have to be a file). If one of the importers don't work to bring the file in (though I would think the drag/drop, None of the above import should) you can always manually add games to LaunchBox via the "Add" button in the button bar, or right click the grid and press the Add game menu item, OR press Ctrl+N. Then just add the data you want for your amiibo.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:55 AM, C-Beats said:

You can add anything to LaunchBox (doesn't even have to be a file). If one of the importers don't work to bring the file in (though I would think the drag/drop, None of the above import should) you can always manually add games to LaunchBox via the "Add" button in the button bar, or right click the grid and press the Add game menu item, OR press Ctrl+N. Then just add the data you want for your amiibo.

Thank you very much! And I think I will actually tie the amiibo displayed in launchbox to a game after all, depending on how old the amiibo is. if it is  a first wave amiibo like the ones released for Super Smash Bro's 3DS and Wii U at that time, then I will want to tie it too smash 4. If it is a newer amiibo like the Pichu amiibo that one will get tied to Smash ultimate! And My Zelda amiibos can be tied to Breath of the Wild and so on. I think that would be a good way to handle it. In case I plan on playing my emulated games with any kind of amiibo today.