LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box launching on secondary monitor with unreadable (super small) text in menus

Papadon

Hi All, 

Running Big Box configured to display on 'Screen 2' as my CRT screen is set to the MAIN MONITOR in Windows to ensure that Retroarch launches correctly...

In doing so, Big Box launches with extremely small text - I've tried altering the scaling settings in WIndows for that monitor, but it doesn't really make a difference. 

If I launch Big Box to this screen when this screen is set the MAIN MONITOR in Windows, it works perfectly fine with the proper sized text. 

Anyone else running into this issue? Not sure what to do to make it readable when launching on the secondary screen.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Papadon said:

Hi All, 

Running Big Box configured to display on 'Screen 2' as my CRT screen is set to the MAIN MONITOR in Windows to ensure that Retroarch launches correctly...

In doing so, Big Box launches with extremely small text - I've tried altering the scaling settings in WIndows for that monitor, but it doesn't really make a difference. 

If I launch Big Box to this screen when this screen is set the MAIN MONITOR in Windows, it works perfectly fine with the proper sized text. 

Anyone else running into this issue? Not sure what to do to make it readable when launching on the secondary screen.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Papadon,

I do believe that Big Box will take the height of your main monitor and determine text size based off of that. This is why when you set your screen as the main monitor, the text appears fine.

Some custom themes are built using third party plugins that get around this somewhat, so you can say that it's theme dependent. Using these themes could help, or adjusting the resolution of your monitors to more closely match each other could help as well. You could also create your own theme and adjust text sizes to work with your setup. While these are not the best solutions, hopefully they can point you in the right direction.