LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream Launchbox issue

BriaNamI

Good morning,

I have Launchbox Premium, and purchased Redream premium to emulate Dreamcast games.  Redream is works, but when I attempt to launch games from Launchbox, it takes we to Redream where I must navigate to the game and launch from Redream.  I've searched here, and can't find an answer.

image.thumb.png.be09ba9f9e3e8e69930707dfdb15a1f0.png

image.thumb.png.b5ba54db7062524a52b1bfc3c198121e.png

These games Launch directly from Launchbox:

image.thumb.png.a63d20e49bf23e2b613df3042ab3152d.png

image.thumb.png.d51aedaa42c6426877ab22fa2b77f06e.png

But these won't:

image.thumb.png.0be0b48f37505c91d6311979630061ff.png

image.thumb.png.2291b9e31a01022bdb0a29eac8974d31.png

and I've noticed that the games that don't launch directly, don't have a ".raw" file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.png

2 minutes ago, BriaNamI said:

Good morning,

I have Launchbox Premium, and purchased Redream premium to emulate Dreamcast games.  Redream is works, but when I attempt to launch games from Launchbox, it takes we to Redream where I must navigate to the game and launch from Redream.  I've searched here, and can't find an answer.

image.thumb.png.be09ba9f9e3e8e69930707dfdb15a1f0.png

image.thumb.png.b5ba54db7062524a52b1bfc3c198121e.png

These games Launch directly from Launchbox:

image.thumb.png.a63d20e49bf23e2b613df3042ab3152d.png

image.thumb.png.d51aedaa42c6426877ab22fa2b77f06e.png

But these won't:

image.thumb.png.0be0b48f37505c91d6311979630061ff.png

image.thumb.png.2291b9e31a01022bdb0a29eac8974d31.png

and I've noticed that the games that don't launch directly, don't have a ".raw" file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.png

You have some real weird file types there, but in essence in your images of the ones that dont launch you only want to import the .gdi file, my guess is you just threw the folders at Launchbox and just expected it to know the correct file to launch, but thats not how it works. So for the games that dont launch you will want to edit them to point to the correct file, or just delete them all and re-import, this time with the correct files.

Thank you so much for you help.

That was exactly it.  Here's what I did in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

I removed the entire folder from library and and scanned for removed Dreamcast ROMs to clean up the library.  Then I moved the folder back into my Launchbox "Games" folder, but this time only imported the .gdi files.  Tools->Import->ROM Files and used the "Add Files" not "Add Folder"  Typed .gdi in the search bar, and added all files with one click.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, BriaNamI said:

Thank you so much for you help.

That was exactly it.  Here's what I did in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

I removed the entire folder from library and and scanned for removed Dreamcast ROMs to clean up the library.  Then I moved the folder back into my Launchbox "Games" folder, but this time only imported the .gdi files.  Tools->Import->ROM Files and used the "Add Files" not "Add Folder"  Typed .gdi in the search bar, and added all files with one click.

Thanks again.

Yup, you can also just type *.gdi into your explorer window for your Dreamcast rom folder, and then just drag and drop the results onto the Launchbox window. Glad you are sorted though.

• Like 1