LaunchBox Community Forums

Transferring to (or reinstalling) scummVM on launchbox android

flexzi

Hi there, 

I've recently bought a retroid pocket 2+, and since then became interested in running my favorite software on android! now transferring games to my android device seems only to count for the ROM's i have, and no other platforms (DOS/ScummVM). I've tried transferring some scummvm games the way described, but it will only copy the .bat files that my desktop version of launchbox uses, and that's obviously not enough. Since this platform (and DOS too) is so important to me, i'd reallyreallyreally like to get this to work on launchbox for android. i don't care if transferring directly won't work, neither will i have a problem with reinstalling my games on scummVM (or the retroarch core for that matter) on android and transferring the gamefiles manually, but how do i get launchbox to find these games on android? 

any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching for scummvm in the topics on the android platform but came up empty enough to make this topic.

after some searching i've found some sources pointing to a way to make scummvm game appear in certain frontends by using a textfile renamed to the game with the extension .scummvm or .svm. however, i haven't found enough to actually work out how to use it, neither do i know whether or not this works with launchbox for android as well. anyone here to verify this? have alink to a tutorial on how to do this? or just knows the answer to the question above?

• 2 weeks later...