LaunchBox Community Forums

Mapping arcade controls in launchbox

TopGunBass

1 hour ago, TopGunBass said:

Hi is it possible to map my arcade controls in launchbox.  I tried and can't assign any buttons or joystick movement.  Is this only possible in premium big box? Thanks

LB does not do any control mapping for in game play. That is all left to the emulators. So this need to be done in each emulator.

The premium feature for controls LB/BB does have is only for moving within the BB/LB UI.

2 hours ago, TopGunBass said:

I want to do this with arcade controls. Has anyone done this?

Well, in LB it is not really that seamless. It can work, but LB is more the pc front end that is better used with keyboard and mouse.

BigBox is more the arcade frontend of our software and works seamlessly with arcade controls.

You just go to Settings in BigBox and map either under Controller Mapping of Keyboard Mapping depending on how you arcade controls are seen by your pc.

So...just to be clear...for someone that has a MAME-based arcade cabinet, and uses joysticks, buttons, and a trackball (plus a few other admin buttons) to control all entry into starting up and playing games, you'll need to purchase Big Box to map out controls to keyboard equivalents?

Stormy that sounds about right.  No front end controls on an arcade with joysticks and buttons without big box.  I have zero delay encoders so I think those are good for launchbox.

14 hours ago, Stormyblade said:

So...just to be clear...for someone that has a MAME-based arcade cabinet, and uses joysticks, buttons, and a trackball (plus a few other admin buttons) to control all entry into starting up and playing games, you'll need to purchase Big Box to map out controls to keyboard equivalents?

So I came across this thread because I have been having issues trying to map out my Logitech G923 wheel to launch box. I am currently attempting to build a racing cabinet and chose Launchbox as a front end after some research. I downloaded the free version as I wanted to make sure all could work before taking the plung  and purchasing a license. So, after reading this thread I see there is no way to map out controls in launchbox without a premium license. I decided to purchase said license to be able to map out controls and still noting works. Sure I can assign button, but buttons do not work. Bigbox is bigger joke! Not one control on the wheel works to navigate within Bigbox. I have waisted countless hours and now more money on a simple mapping issue. The true funny thing is, if I open retroarch directly I can easily map ever button there in their system no problem. And yes, I have GHub downloaded and connected to launchbox, bigbox, and retroarch.