LaunchBox Community Forums

Strange file explorer window on top of Bigbox upon game exit

Alex F.

I play games like HOTD2 and Sports Shooting USA with a Sinden lightgun and launch them from a .bat file because I also use Titchgamer's DEMUL bezel pack and DEMULshooter and they work fine.

But when I play them via Big Box and push the return button to get back to the Big Box menu a file explorer window is in front of The Big Box screen!

When you double-click the .bat file directly on your desktop, a cmd window and, strangely enough for me, a file explorer window pop up before the game starts, and it's exactly this file explorer window that sets itself in front of Big Box upon exit.

How can I make this file explorer window disappear, please?

(I've attached three pictures to illustrate it: Apart from the "Big Box exit situation" the other picture shows the desktop before the actual game starts and here you can see the three windows (game window before going fullscreen, cmd window and the strange and totally unnecessary file explorer); for anyone who's interested I also included the bat file itself.)

Any help is greatly appreciated, as always!

IMG_20220116_140248360_1.jpg

IMG_20220116_140350344.jpg

IMG_20220116_140408261_1.jpg

Edited by Alex F.

Yes, this worked, file explorer doesn't open anymore, thanks a lot!

Now only the CMD window opens... but also a new error message:

-----------
Windows cannot find 'target=demul07a'.
-----------

But when I close the message with "OK" the game starts up fine! Am I still using the wrong syntax somewhere?

(And while we're at it, is there a way to have this CMD window open only minimized?)

17 minutes ago, Alex F. said:

a new error message:

I don't know DemulShooter at all.  Does it know where to find demul07a?   Does demul07a needs a full qualifying path.  

If it's typically written that way from the Command prompt, it may be your START command line.  On that line, add a {space}{double quote}{double quote} right after START

START "" "F:\DEMUL BACKUP".............

28 minutes ago, Alex F. said:

is there a way to have this CMD window open only minimized?

Create a shortcut to the batch file. Right click the new shortcut and select Properties.  On the Shortcut tab of Properties, next to Run:, change it to Minimized.

Lauch using the shortcut (instead of the batch file itself).

Thanks so much again for your patience and your kind replies. Your input definitely helped me.

In the end I had to play around with the syntax  a bit and try out things and actually found out that I didn't even need the DEMULshooter line in the .bat file of each separate game because that was what actually caused an unnecessary CMD window to pop up, and leaving out the /wait command also helped! Once you've set up the DEMULshooter (in the GUI file of it) it seems to be running and working.

Some lightgun games are running quite smoothly now  (SS USA, HOTD, HOTD2, VC2) but now I have encountered another problem having to do with calibration in EXTREME HUNTING 1 and 2 but this I will ask in another thread.

Thank you again for this great community!