LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting back the old style right click menu / context menu

jops

Is there any other way than downgrading to get the old right click menu / context menu where all additional apps aren't in subfolders like they are now (I would rather not downgrade because I don't want to lose any new features).

The reason is that I might have web links, text files, images and PDFs as additional apps. To open these you now need have open subfolders which is a bit annoying. Another thing is that for many games I don't remember if I have any files as additional apps and with the old style context menu I could simply right click to see if there are any additional apps but now I have to check two different subfolders to see if there are any additional apps (one subfolder in the root of the context menu and one subfolder in the media folder).

ย 

bild.thumb.png.75e63ef9fe046c204e8cc046107d6256.png

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I do not believe there is. There is not a setting option in LB for that and I believe the context menus are back-end coded and not something that can be themed into a custom LB theme.

That's a shame. I've just created a feature request for a badge that shows if there are any user created additional apps. This kind of badge would solve the problem of having to right click on a game to check if there are any additional apps before starting the game.

Take a look at this plug-in from Joe. I am not sure if his plug-in would be able to see if a file has additional apps. However the data is stored in LB xml files so if it is possible Joe may be able to help out finding a way for his plug-in to trigger a custom badge.

You can tag him in his thread and see if he can indeed assist.

ย 

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Take a look at this plug-in from Joe. I am not sure if his plug-in would be able to see if a file has additional apps. However the data is stored in LB xml files so if it is possible Joe may be able to help out finding a way for his plug-in to trigger a custom badge.

You can tag him in his thread and see if he can indeed assist.

ย 

That plugin can do what I asked for๐Ÿ‘ I made a custom badge that shows up whenever there is an additional app. Thanks again for the tip.