LaunchBox Community Forums

[Request] Metadata edit and Dolphin MMRJ2

ClassicArch

Recent received my Retroid Pocket 2+ and started using and the android version of LB as I use the desktop version and even purchased the lifetime unlock as I think its going in a great direction! I do have a couple of issues to bring up though that seems hopefully minor!

When long pressing on a single game for the settings there is no option for editing metadata like the name as sometimes the name formatting might just be a little off on the file name and it wont pick up the game for asset download. This is very rarely an issue, like i had maybe 1 ps2 game that was being iffy, but would be awesome to just change the information in the app like on the desktop version!

Secondly on the Retroid Pocket 2+ they have a special Dolphin build called MMRJ2 and when configuring Gamecube it has many of the Dolphin versions to pick from but this is a newer build for this device and would like to see it added. Its a $99 handheld that can play some Gamecube games and I believe its going to be pretty popular as many people are starting to get ahold of them as they start shipping out this year. 

Thanks in advance for the work being put towards this program!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @ClassicArch. :)

On 1/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, ClassicArch said:

When long pressing on a single game for the settings there is no option for editing metadata like the name as sometimes the name formatting might just be a little off on the file name and it wont pick up the game for asset download. This is very rarely an issue, like i had maybe 1 ps2 game that was being iffy, but would be awesome to just change the information in the app like on the desktop version!

Yup, this functionality will be coming very soon. We're planning on tackling full-on editing capabilities after the 1.0 release comes out next week (it's already out in beta form).

On 1/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, ClassicArch said:

Secondly on the Retroid Pocket 2+ they have a special Dolphin build called MMRJ2 and when configuring Gamecube it has many of the Dolphin versions to pick from but this is a newer build for this device and would like to see it added. Its a $99 handheld that can play some Gamecube games and I believe its going to be pretty popular as many people are starting to get ahold of them as they start shipping out this year. 

I will put this on the list to add.