LaunchBox Community Forums

Focus issue with BigBox and some emus

Hello,

got a weird issue with BB and Supermodel. After I play Daytona 2 for a long time, if I boot a game in RA via BB I have focus issue, the game go behind BB and even with ALT+TAB it doesn't go in focus.It doesn't do it with all cores but here it happens with SwanStation core and with Genesis Plus GX core using latest stable build v12.6

I need to reboot BB to get everything working ok but issue is still there after playing Supermodel games for a bit of time ( especially Daytona 2 PE ).

For reproducing the issue :

1) Boot Daytona 2 PE with Supermodel via BB

2) Play for some time and go in Test menu too and then quit the game

3) Boot a game in RA via BB using SwanStation or Genesis Plus GX core, game window is not in focus and ALT+TAB does nothing

Thanks

CHEERs

Tried these exact steps and had no issue with focus. Now, I am not sure what on your use constituted "play Daytona 2 for a long time" as I only played for about 10-15 minutes. Can you replicate this every time?

Keep in mind my set-up is pretty vanilla when it comes to emulation. I tend to not use any extra resolution corrections, bezels, patches, or other software to refine the emulation. 

I can replicate it always.

Will add a video later to show what happens

And it happens only with SwanStation and Genesis Plus GX, other RA cores have no focus issues

All RetroArch cores here use bezels and Supermodel too. Will try to test without bezels to see if something changes.

Thanks

CHEERs

Edited by nohero
Added more infos

Yes, I'm using the ReShade plugin me and Fry made for LB/BB.

I'm playing for 10/15 mins and sometimes go in test menu and exit to game for a quick reset because I'm practicing something for better scores.

Try that if you can with Daytona. Play and reset with Test menu and then boot a game in RA with SwanStation or Genesis Plus GX.

Let me know, thanks