LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a guide for games curation?

Sturm

It's been a few years since I've done anything on the emulation front and I'd like to get back into it. Sadly, all the knowledge I used to have of clrmamepro, datfiles, DAT-o-MATIC, dir2dat, romsets on archive.org, and other things I'm forgetting have completely escaped my noggin.

I have a lifetime subscription to LaunchBox and a new PC on which to install it, so what's the best procedure to do so? I am aware of @Lordmonkus' excellent Beginners Guide to Emulation as well as ancillary guides that they have published. However, I was wondering if there was any sort of guide for obtaining and curating entire romsets and iso-sets(?). I do still have all of my old ones that I downloaded in the past, but I've forgotten the system I had and procedures I used with clrmamepro and such to organize the games, zip them, and put them in a shared location on my NAS so they can be served up to both my desktop PC and my Nvidia Shield Pro.

Surely some sort of guide exists for this, whether that guide comes in the form of a written post somewhere or a person willing to walk me through the best practices?