LaunchBox Community Forums

Moving Launchbox to a different Drive

Skel3tor

I currently have my LB on a M2 drive but it takes up a lot of room and would rather move it to a HDD. With that being said do I just reinstall LB on the new drive and move over the videos file and emulatrors file? I don't want to have to redownload all my emulators and intro videos if possible?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Skel3tor said:

I currently have my LB on a M2 drive but it takes up a lot of room and would rather move it to a HDD. With that being said do I just reinstall LB on the new drive and move over the videos file and emulatrors file? I don't want to have to redownload all my emulators and intro videos if possible?

Thanks

Just copy the whole Launchbox folder across, it should "just work" unless you have roms and emulators spread all over different HDD's.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Just copy the whole Launchbox folder across, it should "just work" unless you have roms and emulators spread all over different HDD's.

I do have my roms in on a different drive. Currently LB and videos ect are on my C and then roms are on my G drive

3 minutes ago, Skel3tor said:

I do have my roms in on a different drive. Currently LB and videos ect are on my C and then roms are on my G drive

As long as the roms are not moving they "should" still work as the path to them should still be the same, if not its real easy to fix that also.