LaunchBox Community Forums

Initializing but then flicks back to selection screen

Fireydemon

Green as f*&k when it comes to this sort of thing. Set up latest launchbox and used the "import full rom set" function to import the mame .240 roms that I had downloaded. Every thing looks fine, all games have their boxes on the screen, but when i click on them to play it starts loading then flicks back to the selection screen. Please be gentle lol

Can you run the game directly in Mame without LB?

If not that needs to be fixed. One thing to check is if you told Mame where your roms are stored. If you did not put them inside the rom folder within the Mame folder you need to update the Mame rom directory.

If they do run directly in Mame you might have a setting issue in LB. One of the more common errors is the Associated Platform name. Edit your Mame emulator in LB and make sure in the Associated Platforms tab the EXACT name of the platform you imported to roms to is showing there. The name has to match. 

8 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Can you run the game directly in Mame without LB?

If not that needs to be fixed. One thing to check is if you told Mame where your roms are stored. If you did not put them inside the rom folder within the Mame folder you need to update the Mame rom directory.

If they do run directly in Mame you might have a setting issue in LB. One of the more common errors is the Associated Platform name. Edit your Mame emulator in LB and make sure in the Associated Platforms tab the EXACT name of the platform you imported to roms to is showing there. The name has to match. 

Hi Retro

Games wont run directly in Mame without LB

Have found that some games run in LB, like altered beast and shinobi, but most capcom games dont work. Its really random as to what games will work. Thought it might of been developer based but that doesnt appear to be the issue. Could it be the Romset I downloaded?

Yeah. You may be missing support files. Capcom games require a qsound zip file and there are other games that need specific bios/support files. So if the romset you downloaded did not come with those then that rom set is junk. 

Not sure where you got that set but I would get a rom set from a more reputable site. Google Pleasuredome Github io

1 hour ago, Fireydemon said:

Yes, Thats the version I downloaded. Then I used the launchbox wizard to set up.

How exactly did you import? The wizard can import the files/rom set in several ways. DId you use the Full Set import option or just a selection of games?

Also if the roms do not run directly in Mame without using LB that's the bigger issue. It is always best to set up the emulator first, test the games there, configure your controls, then do a LB import.

2 minutes ago, Fireydemon said:

I used the full set option.

I guess I gave the install wizard more credit than it was due lol

Ok, so you have a 0.240 merged romset, how many files in that folder, and how big is the entire folder? I also have that set and used the fullset importer and everything works fine, so something is definitely funky with yours.

16 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Ok, so you have a 0.240 merged romset, how many files in that folder, and how big is the entire folder? I also have that set and used the fullset importer and everything works fine, so something is definitely funky with yours.

folder is 74.1gig and has 19553 files