LaunchBox Community Forums

Creating platform based playlist (NEO-GEO)

rommaster

Hi All,

Looking for some tips and good ideas for playlist creation.

I have all arcade roms in the same directory and setup using mame and launching fine, I wanted to create a NEO-GEO MVS auto playlist but i'm having trouble finding a common field to auto-populate this playlist. Originally I was going to use the 'source' field as this contains 'neogeo.cpp' however upon further investigation only a handful of games have this field populated and the majority don't.

Any good ideas to get this working?

Cheers!

4 hours ago, nicr4wks said:

Hi All,

Looking for some tips and good ideas for playlist creation.

I have all arcade roms in the same directory and setup using mame and launching fine, I wanted to create a NEO-GEO MVS auto playlist but i'm having trouble finding a common field to auto-populate this playlist. Originally I was going to use the 'source' field as this contains 'neogeo.cpp' however upon further investigation only a handful of games have this field populated and the majority don't.

Any good ideas to get this working?

Cheers!

LB can already generate this for you. When you import Mame roms on this screen the option at the bottom will create it for you. It creates a bunch of others as well, but you can always go into the  \Data\Playlists folder and delete the xml for the ones you do not want.

Otherwise to manually create it use the exact source you mentioned as that is correct. Set "Platform" to "Arcade" and "Source" to "meogeo.cpp". All SNK Neo Geo use that source. So not sure why you see only a handful using them.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 6.36.12 AM.png

23 hours ago, zugswang said:

Why not create a system for it instead ?

This is how I was doing things, but it means separating out roms for every platform and maintaining them when MAME updates, much easier to import the lot as arcade then have auto playlists. I also found the launchbox db would contain media & info when scraped as the arcade platform but when you scrape it as neogeo, naomi, etc, etc the same info is not available under those platforms. 

22 hours ago, Retro808 said:

LB can already generate this for you. When you import Mame roms on this screen the option at the bottom will create it for you. It creates a bunch of others as well, but you can always go into the  \Data\Playlists folder and delete the xml for the ones you do not want.

Otherwise to manually create it use the exact source you mentioned as that is correct. Set "Platform" to "Arcade" and "Source" to "meogeo.cpp". All SNK Neo Geo use that source. So not sure why you see only a handful using them.

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 6.36.12 AM.png

I think the missing source is my main problem, here's King of Fighters for example which should pretty much all have neogeo as a source but most show up as Imported ROM

image.thumb.png.68640257dd544db05ee9e0a7b5487ff1.png

Perhaps I'll try another arcade import rather than doing 'scan for new roms'
Edit: just remembered it's a full mame full set import which won't help me here.

Edited by nicr4wks